Quick ContactPhoto Adventure Workshops email@example.com 208-523-6789
NORTHERN LIGHTS, AMAZING WATERFALLS, GLACIERS AND GREAT PEOPLE!!
November 5-13, 2017
Single Supplement + $750.00
*Credit Card fee – 3.5% (only applies to final payment – Pay by check to avoid it)
INCLUSIONS ON THIS TOUR
Transfer from Keflavik Intenational to Hotel Glacier Lagoon – Freysnes
3 Nights: Standard Double / Twin or Single room@ Hotel Glacier Lagoon
2 Nights Standard Double / Twin or Single room at Foss Hotel Hekla
2 Nights Superior Double / Twin or single room at Foss Hotel Lind
Buffet breakfast each morning
Vehicle each day (8-9 hours) for the 7 Days Includes driver/guide and fuel, oil
Return transfer to the Keflavik International Airport
NOT INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR
International Air Lunch or Dinner Meals ADMISSION TO ANY VENUES OR Museums not specifically pre-planned
- Day 1 - Nov 5 Fly from Denver to Iceland.
- Day 2 - November 7 Arrive at the Keflavik International Airport at approximately 06:20 from Denver International Airport in Colorado. Proceed along with other passengers to Passport Control then to baggage claim and the ARRIVING DUTY FREE STORE, unique to Iceland in the baggage claim area. We highly recommend this option as spirits, beer, wine, confections and tobacco products are highly priced and heavily taxed on the Icelandic economy. Proceed through customs to the arrivals hall. Our driver will have a sign with your name and our logo in the arrivals hall. The drive from the International airport to Reykjavik will be about 45 minutes. Continue on (after a brief stop ( possibly for breakfast at a bakery or local hotel ) to the Hotel Glacier Lagoon an approximate 4 hour drive arriving around 2:00 PM. Check-in and put your plan in this area together for the coming three days with your driver guide. Perhaps the focus today since this will be November will be the shorter drive from the hotel to Skaftafell Park for photos there and possible Northern Lights. SUNSET @ 4:53 PM Hraunfossar waterfalls Strokkur The Northern Ligths Goðafoss waterfall Hallgrímskirkja
- Days 3-5 - November 7 – 9 Skaftafell Park, Ice Lagoon, Ice Cave, Glacier Lagoon: Sunrise: 09:32 – 09:39 AM Sunset: 16:49 – 16:43 PM Breakfast at the Hotel Glacier Lagoon and depending on your photography desires and of course the weather this or these particular days, you might want SUNRISE in Iceland photos as the days get shorter each and every day. There are no shortage of stops to photograph obviously so we leave the actual locations and times up to the coordination of you and your guide. We are not planning any meals this time but the hotels request, although not a condition of stay, that the dinner meal be taken there. Group menu applies to more than 10 persons at any hotel.
- Days 5-7, November 9 – 11 Skaftafell Park, Kirkubaejarklauster, Vik, Skogar etc: Sunrise: 09:43 & 09:45 Sunset: 16:40 & 16:37 Breakfast at the hotel of course and then check out as you head towards Reykjavik and stay in the country so to speak for the next two nights at the Foss Hotel Hekla. Once again today, traveling from the Skaftafell area through the towns of Kirkubaejarklauister, on to Vik (recommended lunch stop and all the things the south coast prior to Vik such as Fjadragluver, Eldhraun, and more have to offer as well as the lava fields about will get the attention of any camera. After Vik, there is Reynisfjarda, Dyrholaey, Solheimurjokull, Skogarfoss and Seljalandsfoss befor arriving at the hotel and maybe getting up close and personal with Mt. Hekla our noturios volcano (getting ready to erupt) at some point over the next couple of days.
- Day 7-8, November 11 -12 Hekla, Secret Lagoon, Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir Sunrise: 09:48 & 09:51 AM Sunset: 16:33 & 16:31 PM Departing Foss Hotel Hekla after breakfast the only must objective is to arrive at the Foss hotel Lind in time for a dinner somewhere either there or in town. You have the Secret Lagoon, possibly the golden waterfall Gullfoss, the erupting Geysir Strokkur and Thingvellir National Park site of the world’s first Parliament to see in so far as major stops. There are many more available . Overnight tonight and tomorrow at Foss Hotel Lind in Reykjavik.
- Day 9, November 13 Departure day. Today, breakfast at Lind and then check-out as you’ll be heading to the airport at Keflavik to arrive by 3:00 PM for your 16:55 Departure to Denver, Colorado. Today is up to you as well for the aforementioned shopping or a city tour perhaps or a drive out along the Reykjanes, even a time at the Blue Lagoon, (ADVANCED RESERVATIONS REQUIRED 30 days prior) Icelandair flight FI-671 should arrive in the mile high city around 7:00 PM local MST
Experiencing Yellowstone with a Perfect Light workshop provides the rare opportunity to meld with nature through your camera. Untouched mountain snowscapes, clear cobalt skies and frosted trees set the stage for a photographer’s dream capture. Christopher Balmer understands and respects wildlife. He takes you so close you see their breath, observe their behavior and catch the right shot. Christopher keeps the workshops small and intimate, providing his insight into famous landmarks as well as sharing the hidden spots which appeal to a photographer’s soul. A world class photographer who with an artist’s eye provides hands-on instruction to help you become a better photographer. A must for any photographer seeking to expand their creative horizons.
-- Lesley M
South Africa with PAW is truly one of the most amazing trips we’ve been on. Everyone should have this great opportunity. Christopher’s tours are first class. Only 3 people to a vehicle so you can see animals on both sides. Inyati is superb in every way – 5 star all the way!!! It’s worth mac & cheese for 6 months to save money to go. Don’t miss this life changing experience!!!
-- Ranae M
I have traveled to Africa, Iceland and Yellowstone many times with Christopher Balmer and Photo Adventure Workshops If you are thinking about a photo adventure workshop or just a great way to travel I would highly recommend PAW. I love to travel and coming home with great photography is a bonus. Getting up close to nature is something you never forget. Experiencing it on photography tour is the only way to experience it!
-- Sherri L
Christopher shared a wide range of information in an understandable way. I also like how passionate he is about the subject. He is also very encouraging. My goal is to become a better photographer and possibly own my own business. The class gave me the tools to work towards that goal.